How do I borrow equipment from the Assistance Fund?
Simply make your request for equipment by calling us at (303) 377-0222.
We will need to prepare your paperwork for the equipment you borrow.
Tell us what you need and schedule a time to pick up your equipment from our office.
Provide the following required information for your paperwork:
- Your full name
- Are you an active or retired DPS employee?
- What is your current or last assignment with DPS?
- Your home address, City, State, Zip
- Your telephone contact information for home and work
- Your DPS ID Number or the last four digits of your SSN
- Name, address and relationship of the person who will be using the equipment
- List of equipment you are reserving
If equipment is height/weight specific (i.e. wheelchairs, crutches, walkers), the approximate height and/or weight of the person using the equipment should be given with your order. Please indicate if the user is 250 pounds or more in weight to ensure bariatric equipment is provided whenever possible.
Reminder: All entrances to our office building are locked. As with most school districts throughout the nation, the Denver Public Schools now requires that all outside doors be locked during school hours. You will need to call our office prior to visiting for any reason. If you stop by without calling ahead, you may be denied access.